A recap of the month of July

August is here and so much has happened in July.
We have moved out of our house in Randwick.
Sold most of our possessions or gave them away.
We are now living in Scone in the Upper Hunter at J's parent's place. My inlaws are away on a 6 week camping-fourwheeldriving-fishing trip up to Cape york so we have had the house to ourselves. This includes packing up what is left of our possessions (approximately 12 boxes, a wooden table, a brown cupboard that was originally ours in Bondi, then we gave to my grandmother who used it to keep her painting supplies. I miss you Abuela.

I miss my Abuelo Ruben too, he passed away on Friday the 13th of July. He was at the nursing home in Pittwater, he was 91 years of age. I miss you too. 
I am so sorry I did not get to see him more often. He did meet both my children. My mother loved him dearly. He was a good father, and did so much for social issues. He was loved by so many people. The funeral was ok, the speeches were good, I gave a speech on behalf of my mother. I was not as close to him as I would have liked to be, but he was a good grandfather and intelligent man who studied chemistry in Buenos Aires, was deeply in love with my grandmother Sara and who was politically driven and belonged to the Communist Party in Argentina. He was so hardworking and was loyal to his children and to his wife.

Now we are living the country life. We get up late, eat well, have fresh eggs every day. YES EVERY DAY FRESH EGGS with yellow yolks. There are 6 chickens here and they lay between 4 to 5 eggs a day. We feed them and collect the eggs, they eat the kitchen scraps too. There are two dogs, Jed who is 2 years old and a big big dog, and Sally who is 14. She stays fit with Jed but is the matriach. There is a cat too, Milly who is patient with Z who bothers Milly so much. Sometimes we watch over the puppy that belongs to J's sister and her family and there are 2 gold fish.
J also chops wood and gets the wood ready for the night. Joaquin loves feeding the dogs, and has mentioned he loves the smell of the dry dog food. Z is a bit scared of the dogs but helps with collecting the eggs (sometimes dropping and breaking one on the way) in the basket, feeding the chooks, and bringing small pieces of wood over to the house. We also go to the paddock to collect mushrooms, these are field mushrooms, white with pink to brown gills. They are not toads, we have seen toads though in the paddock. Jas eats the mushrooms and I have not been brave enough to eat them yet.





Comments

Popular Posts