I promised them pancakes. I really wanted them so Jas gracefully made them. I cleaned the kitchen and made coffee.
For the pancakes, when whisking the egg whites ( i confess I just use a fork but Jas uses an electric whisker), they should be soft and whipped till they are peak like.
*Mixing the self-raising flour, melted butter and finally the egg whites.
There was hot chocolate for the kids made by la Lela (abuela).
The rest of my Saturday will consists of:
- still being in pjs
- cleaning the house
- making beds
- lazing around
- watching Joaquin follow his Tio Seba everywhere (my brother Seba is visiting)
- hanging out with Zalia, who is toilet training and always up to mischief
- washing clothes
- Waiting for lunch, today is the 29th, as a tradition we will be having potato noquis con salsa, made by my mother and my father.
- Putting Zalia down for a siesta and prehaps having a small one myself
- Taking the kids to the park that is close to home
*Pancake recipe from Stephanie Alexander's “The Cook’s Companion” there are some other versions here or here
· 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
· 1 Cup Milk
· 50g Butter
· 2 Eggs Separated
· 1tsp Salt
1. Heat the milk and butter together until combined.
2. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed
3. Combine the heated milk and butter with the egg yolks and then add to the flour and salt
4. Mix until a smooth consistency is achieved
5. Fold the whisked egg whites into the batter to achieve a light and fluffy batter.
Serve with real maple syrup (even though it is non existent here in Patagonia and we brought ours over from Australia) or nutella (the nutella we use is made in Brazil).