Mini break to Chile part 1

We are back from our mini break to Chile and it was wonderful to get away.
I had Tuesday to Friday at home with the kids by myself. That was very hard trying to do everything, breakfast, school, work, swimming, homework, dinner, bath and bed. I slept with my daughter in her bed as she still needs me like that. My son sleeps all night in his bed, he is 7 and growing too fast.

We left Friday 13th MARCH, in the morning on a bus at 7.15am. But in the taxi on the way to the bus depot, I had to tell the driver of the taxi to drive back home when we were close to the bus station as I thought I left the heater on. I hadn't but we still made it on time to catch the bus.



I caught the bus with the Kids to Bariloche they were a bit naughty while we waited for the next bus to Villa Langustura. We had lunch, some tostados at the little shop at the bus depot. It is really hard to travel with kids by yourself. 
Finally the bus came after about an hour waiting at Bariloche. Most people on the bus lived in Villa La Angustura it seems. People from Villa La Angustura call it Villa. So chick I think. The bus took an hour and 15 min to get to Villa and the scenery is wonderful just travelling around the large fresh water lake, Lago Nahuel Huapi
We finally got to Villa at about 2.30 and met my parents who had driven that morning from Chile to cross the border and meet us.
We went to have lunch in a little coffee shop and the kids had hot chocolate (leche chocolatada) and I had a freshly squeezed orange juice. My parents shared a goulash, there was only one plate left but they enjoyed it.
Then we went to Anonima supermarket at Villa and bought some food to take to chile, only food we could take in. 
Sebastian was still in Chile waiting for us.
We crossed the border and just after the Argentinian border is no mans land. This place is beautiful but everything is dead covered in ash from the volcanic eruption from the Puyehue-Cordón Caulle Volcan in 2011. This eruption occurred in Chile on 4 June 2011. Misleadingly called by media the Puyehue eruption – the eruption is actually from the Cordón Caulle fissure. At least 3,500 people were evacuated from nearby areas, while the ash cloud was blown across cities all around the Southern hemisphere, including BarilocheBuenos AiresMontevideoStanleyPorto AlegreCape TownHobartPerthAdelaideSydneyMelbourneWellington and Auckland, forcing airlines to cancel hundreds of international and domestic flights and causing travel chaos.



Most plants, trees are dead. There is thick ash on the ground.
The cane Caña or local bamboo is still green and not dead.

Then we arrived to Termas Agua Caliente. It is a thermal bath hotel situated in the Parque Nacional Puyehue. There are cabins and tent like domos to rent as well as a large outdoor thermal swimming pool and an indoor swimming pool full of thermal waters.

On the first night we stayed in a Domo. The domos are round tepee type structures and are situated on wooden decks, near the river. They have a large bed and 2 single beds. We all (me, my mum. my kids) in the large king sized bed and my brother and dad in the single bed.
We were able to hit the thermal indoor pool when we arrived and had half an hour to go to the outside thermal bath.








That night we went to dinner at the nearby town 
Entrelagos", We also went to the local supermarket to buy supplies for the next day. I spotted some Milo and bought a packet for the kids. You can't get milo in Argentina.
For dinner we had yummy salmon and chips.



The next morning Saturday we got up early to see the put put golf course and have breakfast and then get ready to hit the thermal baths. It was cold in the morning.



Comments

Popular Posts