23 September 2019

Today I awoke, I breathed, I opened the backdoor and went to get the clothes out of the drier, I made breakfast and lunches, I smiled, I nagged,

 I walked, I saw the ocean, I swam, I swam with sea urchins, fish And friends, I had a hot shower that cost 20 cents, I had two coffees,

 I had a lift home, I prepared to teach, I made some lunch, I cleaned, I spoke to my parents on the phone, 

I walked to the University, I felt anxiety and dread, I was induced to a lab, I was told about safety in that lab, I taught a students how to use a microscope, find cells, measure and draw, and found the bottles of iodine which we used to stain cells, 

I met my children who had walked hone from school and been alone as did their homework and got ready for swimming, they walked together and I was so proud, I walked them to the pool happily, I bought them Pringles and ice tea at the IGA, I watched them swim, I waited until they were showered and dressed, I was with them when we got free yoghurt, 

we were picked up and driven to Woolworths, I bought food for dinner,

 we went home, I saw my daughters naplAn result, I was proud, I made dinner, I made a mess, I made too much food , we ate, we threw food away and I put the vegetables scraps in the compost, we cleaned, I swept and mopped the floors, I said good night to my children, I put things away, 

I did not make my son ribos teA, i felt bad as he asked for tea, I was tired and sleepy,I did not listen to my daughter read, I watched the handmaids tale on the iPad in bed, I brushed my teeth and took my contacts off. I turned of the light, I cried.








Comments

Popular Posts