bleak grey day in Sydney

Today is bleak and grey and it has been raining which bring a bit of relief from the heat we have had over the past few days.

I cleaned the bathroom today and i get tired when I finished as i have only 3 months to go till the new baby comes. I hope I am not using too many bad chemicals to clean.
I did buy a spray from methodhome which supposedly is non-toxic to clean showers and tiles. Methodhome has also shampoo for kids, baby products and flushable wipes, which I seem to need now since I am toilet training Joaquin.

Here is a list of common non-toxic materials to use for cleaning.

We went to Ikea on the weekend to get some furniture for our spare room, as my parents are coming from Argentina. Yeahhh! Since we had a sofa bed (handed down from my grandmother) we decided we needed a new more comfortable and economic bed as my parents will only be staying a few months and then we do not know what will happen when the baby is born and if i get the job in Argentina.


The bed is: Aneboda
The wardrobe is: Aneboda
The quilt and pillowcases are: Alvine orter quilt cover
Also bought a matress.
It is practical IKEA with a great design but so tedious putting everything together. We also got a wooden table for outside and four chairs (on sale) which is great as the table is big and sits more than 2 people. So we all sit outside on the balcony and have a beer while enjoying an ocean view.

Anyway sometimes I feel a bit empty writing about consumer things, when there is so many people with nothing, like in Haiti and how horrible it is to have such a poor poor country where drugs are king, and an earthquake occurs. House are built without strong walls or roofs, with whatever is available and innocent people die. It is very unfair. This country is so close to USA yet so so poor. I wonder why.

Comments

Popular Posts