Happy Mother's day in Patagonia


Happy Mother's day.
It is mother's day here in Argentina.
I have had a beautiful day at home today.
Joaquin and Zalia made me home made presents and cards.
Joaquin has drawn a lot lately.
He loves drawing and creating, Zalia is also very artistic.

Today
Joaquin made me some breakfast. He is such a beautiful, sweet smart little boy. I love him so much. I am so proud of him and his super smart scientific brain. He loves art, animals, science. He knows how to read and write (basically) in spanish and english and can add up and take away. He is six and the youngest in his class but doing very very well.

Jas made some pancakes for everyone!
Jas has been cooking up a storm,
He made home made pizza yesterday ( I made one with spinach and onion), he made sourdough bread with his own sour dough starter and baked it this morning.

He is trying to make home made ginger beer as there is no ginger beer
He is also making home made yoghurt and then with this we will try to make home made fetta cheese (without the mesophyl starter)
My mum made some yummy home made beef curry.

I on the other hand, have cleaned, washed, made beds, put clothes away, organised my papers.
I have so much work to do.
This week we have to
Do tramites (renew driver's licence and get Jas an Argentinan driver's licence) he will have to get a blood test for his blood type (even though he knows his blood type after giving blood in Australia to the Australian red cross) and then do a physical test where they will test his vision, health and emotional well being) and a question and answer test.
It will probably take a week to run around town getting everything done.

My children have an english concert on Friday for their school, so we have to make costumes and get them to rehearsals. The concert is The Wizard of Ox, and Joaquin's class will sing "Some where over the rainbow".
On Tuesday I have a teachers interview where the teachers (english and spanish) give out the report cards for each child for the last term, talk about their behaviour and then we have to give back the report card and will be given it at the end of the year to keep. 

It is all stations go, and there is so much work to do to this week and until the end of the year.
I have to organise another few days to go back to Bariloche to get me some marsupials.

We got a new dishwasher and it has a little dent on it, so they have ordered a new one and we have to wait for that and then get it installed. It has come all the way from Bariloche and the new one that may replace it is also coming from Bariloche.

I really look up to my mother, while my father has been away she has done a lot of gardening, put tools away and ordered and organised the garage/shed, got the fence put up so the dogs would not run away, help me get a dishwasher, help me with a carpenter so I can get some new furniture made. She is great help and will also sew my children's costumes for their concert! I love you mama, te quiero mucho mama. feliz dia de la madre!



Comments

Popular Posts