Monday 9 November

This morning I was lucky enough to go for a swim at Coogee Beach with friends. We got in just after 9am and swam across the bay a few times. It was a bit rough and we had to swim far out to avoid the waves. There was a lot of seaweed and some small transparent jelly fish. I saw a fish or two. Narelle and Jo saw a sting ray. I freak out a little swimming so far out and when it starts getting deeper and deeper but in the end I just breath and swim and try to hi my goals.

We swam 1km. I felt really good afterwards and cherish these swims.

Then i got a lift home and had some lunch with J.








We have been lucky in Australia as there is no covid in the community just overseas cases from people coming from overseas and needing to be in quarantine for 2 weeks.. I know it is not the case in Argentina and South America and the rest of the world and it is so worrying. Why are people getting so sick? when will there be a cure? What can be done? Why is there little or no covid in Australia? Is there a cure? How can people get better?

We are vigilant, we are an island and do not let anything that can destroy us come in and we have a quarantine culture goingway back, we also are very isolated and people listen to their government and try not to disobey. We have been lucky. 

Comments

Popular Posts