Good food in Sydney

This weekend (Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd) there is a food fair called the Good Food Affare on in Sydney in Castle Hill. I would like to go, seems interesting. There are celebrated chefs, and live cooking demonstrations using fresh, seasonal and organic products. Great!!!
i really am starting to think I need to learn to cook healthier and eco-friendlier. The only thing we grow on our balcony is Basil but if I could we would grow more. I would follow in my mother's footsteps who grows lettuce, peas, beans, tomatoes, beetroot, ruccula, spinach and other tasty treats in her garden in Patagonia (which by the way is very very cold and frosty about 3 months of the year).



We are also still enjoying free-range organic home grown eggs from J's parents place. Loved the article on having your own chickens or chooks in Sydney apartments from the free book that came with the SMH last Saturday real(food)handbook part of the(sydney)magazine that comes free once a month with SMH.


Also watching Jamie's Great Italian Escape and I love it. Jamie Oliver heads to Italy in his camper van to regain his passion for cooking. I love the way he tries to learn Italian and the Italian people in this doco. When he traveled through Palermo in Sicily it really made me think of Buenos Aires. The food is great and really makes me miss my Italian Grandmother and her cooking. I wish I had learned a bit more about how she used to cook.

Found this great blog about food and nutrition
and this one called The Elengant Sufficiency

Comments

Popular Posts