Joaquin lost his tooth

I have been getting melancholic as I see my children grow up so fast so much.
Joaquin is 5 but he is tall for his age so we forget he is 5. He lost his first tooth last week on the 2nd of Febuary. He camps overnight with other kids (without us) in a school holiday activities. He is not a toddler any more and this year he starts big school.



















He will start "Primer grado", we are not sure if it is equivalent to kindergarden or first grade back in Australia. He will be attending school every day from 8 to 12 and then come home for lunch and then back to school from 2 to 4 to partake in english classes.
I will miss him so much.
At the moment Jas is teaching him to read english so he won't forget. He is going to go to a bilingual school which has english classes in the afternoon so hopefully he won't forget.
In a way this reflects my life. Born in Argentina, left for Australia age 4, went to Kindergarten at Maroubra Bay Public School in 1979. The teacher in my yearly report card wrote under Speech
" Her accent gives her a few problems but as she grows older it should become easier for her" and gave me a B. I also got a B for Self confidence but A for everything else.


What I love at the moment is sharing afternoon tea with them. Jas makes banana bread using this recipe (he also jazzes up the banana bread by adding  1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence) and we all eat it with milky sugary tea.







Comments

Popular Posts