15 August 2019 my day

Today I cried.
I cried because I realised I have to do some things and I boycott myself in order to not achieve what I want to achieve.

This is what I did today and still did not achieve all.
I got up at 4am as I could not sleep.
I went on my phone and checked my mail. instagram, facebook, the news.
I tried to go back to sleep.
I finally got up at 5.30 and went to the garage to wash some clothes.
I came back to bed and nearly fell asleep but Jason woke me up from my in and out sleep mode to ask me if i had taken out the rubbish. It was rubbish day, It is rubbish day and I didn't. So off I went to the kitchen to get the recycling and the rubbish and take it outside, put it in the red and yellow bins and get them out on the road.
I went back inside it was nearly 6.30am and I tried to go back to sleep.
I realised I could not sleep, I went down to the garage to check on the clothes. Still washing.
I went back to Bed. Jason then got up. I decided I wanted to buy some sourdough and milk.
I woke my mum up and asked her to drive me to the shop to buy milk and bread.
I did.
I can't drive. Or I can but I am scared. There I boycott myself some more. I can drive, I drove in patagonia, I have my Ls.
The lady who served me at the breadshop is Zalia's swimming teacher at the swimming pool. I told her you are Zalia's teacher. She did not hear me well but then realised what I said. I handed over $7.00. I was wearing tracksuits and ugg boots. It is still cold in August in Sydney.

I came home. My mum drove me home. I hopefully will do a lot for my children when I am older?  Hopefully I can drive by then.
Joaquin open the door for me.  He is 12, he is taller than me. He woke up as he heard the doorbell. he was cranky as he wanted to keep sleeping. He has to go to band practice at 7.30am at school. He plays the tenor sax. It was 7.00am.
I made him breakfast and got him school clothes.  He has three wheat bix with honey for breakfast. He has a piece of toast with butter and fish paste or "Pecks Anchovette". He also has a crumpet with butter and vegemite. He sits in front of the gas heater as he gets dressed for school.
I made school lunches. I gave Joaquin last nights left over spaghetti bolagnase. He made it but I told him to add shredded zucchini, carrot, onion and garlic. Jason told me the pasta was underdone. But it was still ok. I had mine with cauliflower instead of pasta. I tried to do a fast day yesterday.  I probably ate more than 500 calories. But hopefully not by much.

After I made Joaquin breakfast, I went down to the garage and had put clothes in the dryer waiting for a clean school shirt for Joaquin. Then I made myself breakfast.
By 7.30am I had breakfast and had made Zalia her lunch.
I went back to bed for 20 min. Zalia was in our bed. She comes in the bed in the middle of the night. We do not realise as we are asleep.
Finally Zalia got up, at 8.10am. I had to bribe her and told her I would cut her some chocolate cake from Ikea that my parents bought, so she can have it for lunch. I made her fresh sourdough and butter she only had a bight of the bread.
We left for school at 8.50am. My mum drove us. Normally we would walk and it takes 10 min.
I walked Zalia into school, before 9am and then said goodbye as she lined up with the other year 3s.
I walked towards the school uniform shop and dropped off two of my children's used school clothing so they can sell second hand at the shop.
My mum was waiting outside and she drove me home.
At home I sat down and finished my coffee from the one I made at 8am and did not get to finish.
I made beds, put things away, cleaned the kitchen.
I got ready to go to Uni to see my collaborator.
I finally got to Uni after 10am.
I was late.
I talked to my collaborator and told him what I was up to. I have work to do and I have not done it.
Measuring holes in bandicoot skulls. I have been busy.
We spoke of his  holiday, of how people age and how to stop ageing (see Catalyst program).
Mainly:
1. Do exercise
2. Keep busy
3. Go to the doctors to keep disease at bay.
4. Eat well.
5. Eat vegetables. Have a plant based diet.
6. Dont smoke
7. Fast every now and then to slow the cells.
8. Be social.
9. Stay active.
10. Feel that you have a purpose.
11. Keep your mind busy.
12. Do something that keeps your heart beat up for more than 30 min a day. Every day.
13. Don't stress. 


 We spoke of the Russian Revolution he is reading a book he was recommended.  It is called A People's tragedy; The Russian Revolution by Orlando Figes.
I took a photo of said book and hope to buy it one day and read it. Along with all the books I have to read on my bed side table.


THIS SUMS UP MY LIFE.....

I talked more with my collaborator in his office. I then decided to leave and go home and have lunch.
I walked to the shops in Randwick, I rang Jason and told him how disappointed I am of myself. He said just do two things. Dont be overwhelmed. i am overwhelmed. I think a lot of women are. I let myself go and boycott myself and don't do the things that matter.
Anyway I walked to the pharmacist on the corner of Belmore Road and High Street. It is filled with so many products. For babies, for cosmetic purposes, vitamins, creams, hair products every single thing under the sun.
In the end I bought some liquid eyeliner, some lipstick and some sleeper earrings for Zalia and some contact lens solution.
I walked to the Royal Randwick and bought green Spanish olives a small plastic container and some dolmades. It cost $9.
I walked home and on the way ate three dolmades.
At home I made myself some lunch, a sandwich with the fresh sliced sourdough and some olives and cheese and mayo and avocado.
I sat by my computer and then the doorbell rang. My parents came home from the shops. They went to the shops and bought a lot of vegetables. My dad told me was craving brussel sprouts and asparagus. He made that for lunch and I had a taste with olive oil, salt some parmesan cheese. Very nice.
I had some yoghurt and fruit for desert with my mum. We spoke to my brother who is in Argentina and was nearly asleep.
We spoke about the situation in Argentina, the peso is de-valorising and soon it will be too expensive to buy food. This is because there were pre-elections and the central-left candidate won by a long margin and the current right President is not happy. The US dollar grew and the Argentinian peso fell.

By the time I helped her clean the kitchen it was time to pick up Zalia at school.
It was 3pm.
I picked up Zalia, I picked up Joaquin's sax and gave Joaquins some chocolate croissant my mum had bought from the Chinese bakery in Hillsdale.
Joaquin stayed at school to do guitar lesson with his teacher and other students. He walked home when the class finished.
I am at home now.
This is me  right now:
I will not ever get today back. I think I did a lot. At the same time I feel I did nothing.
I did not clean the house, I did not do exercise, I did not eat healthy or maybe I did. I did not do my work my measuring. I did write down my thoughts about my day.
Chau xx

Comments

Popular Posts