16 August 2019

Today is Friday. It is the end of the week and nearly 3pm time to pick up the kids.
I have not done much today again but trying.
I went to have coffee with my friend in Waverley and then went to St Vinnies. I bought two second hand books for $7 total.

I am home now trying to do some work.
I get distracted and have lunch.
Something just distracted me: Zero Waste.
Catch phrase for 2019.
What am I doing or not doing to lower my carbon emissions and to use less plastic.

Things I do to lower carbon emissions and use less plastic.
1. Have espresso coffee pods and then take them to be recycled hopefully.
2. Recycle milk containers and plastic containers that I have milk and butter in.
3. Walk to buy my bread at the local bakery and take home bread in a paper bag.
4. Take my own bags shopping.
5. I walk most places.
6. Buy second hand clothing and shoes in second hand clothes.
7. Buy second hand books ( I did that today).
8. Most of my life I did not have dryer so after washing clothes I hanged them on the line. Now I used a dryer and need to cut back on dryer use.
9. Put my organic waste in the compost. 
10. I have less showers.
11. I put all my plastic bags and plastic food items in a bag and take it to the bins outside Woolworths and Coles to recycle.
12. Use the same lush soap for over a year which I have diluted and placed in a pump glass bottle and is now liquid soap.
13. Use Method washing up detergent.
14. Use the dishwasher to wash up as uses less water.
15. Using less paper to print.
16. Taking my own bottled water and mug for tea everywhere instead of buying water in plastic bottles.



Things I do which are bad for the environment:
1. Buy food in plastic containers.
2. Spend money on food that  may end up going to waste.
3. Buy unnecessary things.
4. Get lifts in the car to go places instead of walking.
5. Keeping warm with the gas heater.
6. Forgetting to turn off the lights at home.
7. Having espresso coffee pods are probably bad for the government if the pods do not get up being recycled and reused.
8. Using toilet paper instead of a bidet (<--is better="" environment="" font="" for="" the="" this="">
9. Giving my kids snacks with plastic covering such as seaweed snacks, or small packets of chips wrapped in plastic.


I need to do more research to find out what I can do to use less plastics and lower my carbon emission, as a mother and person. 
Here is 5 ways to lower carbon emissions and reduce waste.

  • learn the 5 R's: refuse, reduce, reuse, rot, recycle: Going zero waste is a great step towards combating climate change. ... 
  • bike more and drive less: ... 
  • conserve water and protect our waterways: ... 
  • eat seasonally, locally, and more plants: ... 
  • switch to sustainable, clean energy:


  • Comments

    Popular Posts