Day 4 at home Social Isolation Friday 20 March 2020

Today is Day 4 in isolation.

 I got up and did things around the house.
Zalia ended up doing all her homework for the week and more. Including maths, mattific. I need her to read some more.
Joaquin said he did some coding. He did some drawings and is working on a music piece.
I think he needs to read more, do more maths too.

I worked on a job application for Australian Museum today. I sent a few emails, one to Ken from UNSW who lives in Blue Mountains and should be in Germany now looking at specimens but has cancelled trip. I am  also  trying to do online courses so I can do histology on my marsupial specimens.
I walked to Randwick and went into Woolies to get some food. I had spoken to neighbours Pat and John yesterday and asked them if they needed anything. They gave me a list via the phone of what they wanted. This included honey, marmalade, montecarlo biscuits, says, bread, instant coffee, cheese, dried prunes and dates. I could not get any biscuits they wanted. There are no chips in the store. There was no honey and I had to go to Harris Market to get honey. They have a lot of vegetables, fruit, pasta, cheese and meats. They have a lot of food. They have set up a temporary hand washing facility outside the store and the store is full of hand sanitisers to use.

I did buy some silverside beed to make which Jason was happy about.  I bought pumpkin, and cabbage. Jason is making a slow cooked lamb curry and a lot of vegetables.

The good thing about social isolation is that we all have lunch together. I made pasta for Joaquin and Zalia and toasted sandwiches for Jas, Joaquin and I. This is my toasted sandwich, cheese, onion and jalapeño peppers. I also had a coffee with milk. I fast in the morning until lunch and don't eat or drink anything.
Jason said I was a sandwich queen and loved my sandwiches.





































After Lunch and after I had gone to the shops. I delivered the food to Pat and John. I did go into their house which I think now and after being told off it was the wrong thing to do . I hope I do not have COVID19 and have spread it to my neighbours.

Dinner was really good, everyone loved the curried lamb chops and gravy.
We then all went into the living room and watched 2 episodes of Stranger things with the kids. They love it and we love it. We are watching Season 1. We had dark chocolate and popcorn.
It was a good day today.

Comments

Popular Posts