Organic hair care and skin products (part 1)


Apart from trying to eat healthy and eating organic fruit and veges, I have also started to eliminate chemicals from our life and home and started using products with organic ingredients and less chemicals. I am trying to buy things also made in Australian without being tested on animals, without sodium laurel sulphate or petrochemicals
These are the things we use:

1) Ecostore Body lotion This is quite lovely and Jas bought it home for me from Woolies (they were giving it away as a promotion) and I do like it. It is not greasy and smells fresh with a touch of lemon. I just love lathering it on and it is not greasy, leaves my hands and legs feeling soft and smelling nice. 
These are the ingredients:
   Aqua (Water)
   Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba Oil)
   Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Oil)
   Cetearyl Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate (Olive Oil Surfactants)
   Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
   Panthenol (Vitamin B5)
   Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol (Preservative)
   Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant-based Surfactant)
   Xanthan Gum
   Parfum (Essential Oil Fragrance)
   Citronellol*
   D-Limonene*
   Geraniol*
   Linalool*
   *Components of natural essential oils

Ecostore are a “are a leading New Zealand manufacturer wholesale distributor and
retailer of sustainable household and body care products. We promote the use of safer 
healthier plant and mineral based products with no unnecessary chemicals.” They sell 
many other products such as laundry liquids and body products.


2) I have also been using Sukin organic products for many years. At the moment I am using a shampoo and body wash. 
Sukin are Australian, they do not test on animals or use sodium laurel sulphate or petrochemicals. They are  "an environmentally conscious, natural personal care company from Australia. We offer over 50 products carefully crafted using ingredients that are the best nature has to offer.
Our aim is to offer luxurious, natural products that are not only effective but are affordable allowing even the budget conscious consumer the opportunity to purchase high quality, natural skin, hair and body care.
Sukin is dedicated to offering the ultimate in natural personal care, free from the myriad of harsh chemicals used in many products on the market today. Sukin products do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate,  synthetic fragrances, animal derivatives, harsh detergents, petro-chemicals, artificial colours, triethanolamine, mineral oils, EDTA, PABA or parabens.
Instead the growing Sukin range offers formulas containing active botanicals and essential oils carefully selected to restore the natural vitality and radiance of the skin."
I use Sukin purifying shampoo and it smells very fresh and full of citrus tones. I do not use the conditioner as I still have a large bottle of non-organic conditioner so I am trying to finish that and then find a conditioner. 
I also use Sukin Botanical body wash. It also smells very fresh, like mandarin and has a very easy to use pump to make it more efficient in the shower.
 It is a "sulphate free cleanser, enriched with aromatic botanicals to revive your senses in the morning or stimulate and refresh a tired body. And also has won "Winner Best Selling Cleanser Award at Watson’s Health and Beauty Awards, Singapore 2008 & 2010".
Sukin also have a new kids range but I have not found them yet in the stores.

3) For my hair I use Mop Shampoo. I just bought the Lemongrass volume shampoo. It has not much of a smell and I bought it from a shop in Randwick that stocked all hair products. It was cheaper by a few dollars than buying it online. But I really wanted to smell it before I bought. I have read about MOP products elsewhere. They are not 100% organic so I will have to see after using it more often what my hair feels like.
Mop is a “modern organic products was created to provide hair stylists and their entire range of clientele with the best possible line of natural hair and skin products made with organic ingredients where possible. MOP was designed to provide a simple solution for maintaining healthy hair and skin for every member of the family.”

Comments

Popular Posts